Create a Work Order
Work Orders use the multi-level BOM to explode the pick list of materials needed to make the parent. This form is used for entering/editing Work Orders for the shop floor. Work Orders can be either build-to-stock orders or can be used to fill a specific Sales Order.
Follow these steps to create a work order
- Go to the Main Menu g Mfg Orders g Work Orders
- Click OK to open the Work Order form
- Make sure all orange fields have been filled in
- Add items by clicking on the ItemID field to display the Items list and select an item for the work order
- Click Copy WO Line Item
- Click Explode Parent Item to explode manufactured items
- To view or print the order, click Preview Work Order
- At this point, the work order will appear. To print, click on the printer icon on the top toolbar.
- Close the preview to return to the Work Order
- Click Pick list. This will change the status of the order to "Picked". Also, this will make the appropriate changes to the inventory counts.
- Click Print Pick list (Copy) to view the work order pick list
To view a video tutorial on this topic, click here.
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Single source CHM, PDF, DOC and HTML Help creation